In the MicroJetReactor (MJR®), two fine impinging jets of fluid containing dissolved compounds collide with each other in the center of an inert gas-purged chamber. The small diameter and the high velocity of the jets together with high shear forces result in a very rapid and intense mixing and precipitation of insoluble compounds.
Using this technology, encapsulation of specific substances in the interior of the forming nanoparticle is feasible. At the end of this “one step reaction” stands the final nanoparticle ready for further processing. Thus, in a downstream or serially connected MicroJetReactor the resulting particles can be surface modified/coated.
MicroJetReactor (MJR®) – Unique Characteristics
GMP compliant Production Platform – Easy to integrate
- GMP compliant soft- & hardware
- Use of pharmaceutical & food compliant materials
- Robust Set-up
- No contamination of product
- Easy to clean
- In Process Controls (IPC) , Continuous production up to tons
- Closed system
- Temperature, pressure and other parameters scalable in a wide range
- up to supercritical conditions
- CIP (cleaning in place) and/or SIP (sterilisation in place)
- Integrated safety concept – low environmental impact
- Easy to integrate in given production facilities